Did you know?
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) offers three secure online services for managing a variety of tax affairs. My Account, My Business Account, and Represent a Client allow taxpayers or their representatives to interact electronically with the CRA efficiently and securely, for a variety of services. If you’re not sure which service you need, try our online questionnaire at www.cra.gc.ca/getonline. It will guide you in selecting and signing up for the service that’s right for you.
- Canadians logged in to My Account over 6.7 million times during the period from April 2012 to March 2013.
- Business owners logged in to My Business Account over 570,000 times.
- Representatives accessed accounts through Represent a Client over 8 million times to help individuals and businesses with their tax affairs.
Why you should use the CRA’s online services
- You’re probably already using online services, whether for banking, shopping, or social media, or maybe even to file your tax return. Why not make managing your taxes easier too with CRA’s online services?
- The CRA’s online services are free, convenient, easy to use, and secure.
- With the CRA’s online services, you can manage your tax affairs in one convenient location.
- By filing your income tax and benefit or business return electronically, you can receive your refund faster.
- The CRA continues to enhance and expand its online service offerings, which helps to reduce red tape and save time and money for taxpayers.
Follow these simple steps to find out which secure online service is right for you!
- Watch the video about the CRA’s secure online services.
- Answer the questions to find out which online service addresses your needs.
- Follow the steps in the visual guide to register for the appropriate service, and then use it to help you with your tax affairs!
For more information, go to www.cra.gc.ca/getonline.